Level 2 Bikeability Year 6
Our Year 6 children experienced Bikeability Level 2 Training during September. This meant they took to the streets of Coton, guided under the watchful eye of the bikeability instructors, gaining in confidence with each pedal. Over the course of the four mornings, the children were taught how to:
- Start and stop with increasing confidence
- Pass stationary vehicles parked on the road
- Understand the road: signals, signs and roadmarkings
- Negotiate the road: including quiet junctions, crossroads and roundabouts
- Share the road with other vehicles.
We are really pleased that all children that took part successfully achieved their level 2 bikeability certificates and were awarded rather smashing badges in recognition of their achievements. Well done Year 6 Kestrels!