Coton CE (VC) Primary School has a statutory duty to comply with the requirements of the UK GDPR as it collects data about pupils and adults associated with the school for school business. The school is also required to produce a privacy notice explaining how information is collected and processed.
The UK GDPR is based on data protection principles that our school must comply with.
All of the information we hold on individuals follows these six key principles:
1) Fair, lawful and transparent
2) Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
3) Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
4) Accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date
5) Kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than is necessary
6) Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security