Volunteers are invaluable, in the school assisting the teachers with general duties and helping in classrooms with activities such as reading, art and crafts and cookery, PE or school trips.
It is the school policy to require ALL volunteers working in school, and seen by the children as a trusted adult, to obtain Disclosure and Barring Enhanced Clearance (DBS formerly known as CRB clearance), complete an application form and have two references and an interview with the headteacher.
Volunteers will be asked to comply with our policies.
If any parent has a skill that they feel could be useful to school, e.g. an artist, musician or author, please let the school office know. All help is readily accepted and is not confined to working with children.
Parents will not work in their child's classroom and will be expected to follow school protocol and policies.
We have a number of members of the local community wishing to volunteer at our school. This includes grandparents, work experience students and adults seeking edcuational settings to support their studies. Community volunteers are asked to meet the cost of thier DBS (Disclosure and Barring Certificate - formerly a CRB) which is £44 and comply with the volunteer policy.
- Volunteer Policy - Draft January 2018.docx
- Volunteer-Registration-Form-with-Disqualification-March-2015 - Primary Version.doc
- Letterhead for volunteer enquiries.docx
- Agency - External Providers - Volunteer Induction - January 2018.docx
- Code of Conduct - EPM - Draft January 2018.docx
- Safeguarding_and_Child_Protection_Policy_Appendix C.pdf
- Health and Safety Policy - Draft January 2018.docx
- Lockdown Procedures - draft.docx
- Confidentiality Statement.docx